Sunday 30 November 2008

30 DE NOVIEMBRE (20.37 PM)

"...She checked at that, hearing the fear of my voice. And then she smiled an empty bitter smile that did not reach her eyes. 'Why?' she asked. 'Do you think it can be worse than this? I cannot be charged with treason, I am the Queen of England, I am England. I cannot be divorced, I am the wife of the king. He has run mad this spring and he will recover by autumn. All I have to do is get through the summer.'
'The Boleyn summer', I said, thinking of Anne.
'The Boleyn summer', she repeated. 'I cannot last more than a season'.
From The Other Boleyn Girl, by Philippa Gregory.
"He has run mad this spring and he will recover by autumn. All I have to do is get through the summer". ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THROUGH THE SUMMER. GET THROUGH THE SUMMER. THROUGH THE SUMMER.
Por primera vez en mi vida, estoy obsesionada con la lectura de una novela histórica.